Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine.
It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Michelle offers all of the following kinds of massage.
Relaxation and therapeutic massage
- helps with anxiety and depression
- relieves headaches, stress, pain, muscle tension, and lowers blood pressure
- helps improve circulation, posture and immune system
- improves sleep
Maternal / Prenatal massage
- reduces stress
- reduces edema and blood pressure
- alleviates stress on weight bearing joints and muscular structures
Hot stone therapy
- heat helps to relax the muscles and client
- helps reduce stress
- stimulates the circulatory system and immune system
Cold stone therapy
- helps reduce inflammation
- increased circulation
- releases tension and stress
- helps with sleep
- increases range of motion
- improves circulation
- stretches muscles and soft tissues
- On a surface level, the practitioner works with the bones of the skull and the pelvis. This affects, in turn, the deeper layers of membranes and cerebrospinal fluids in the spinal canal, the brain, and the spinal cord itself.